SOLVED

Does Marketo automatically create cached smart lists?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Marketo automatically create cached smart lists?

I have several smart lists that have the cached indicator; however, when the message offering to cache the list was displayed, I did not opt to have the list cached.  Does Marketo automatically created cached smart lists?  If so, is there a way to prevent this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Marketo automatically create cached smart lists?

Tech support indicates that In the January release, they implemented a feature where if you export a list, Marketo will automatically cache the list, but it should not persist if you edit the filter or refresh the list.  They are investigating.

Also strange that they didn't document this in the January release notes.  Seems like unless you are paying attention, you could easily wind up using old results with one of these auto-cached smart lists.  Does anyone else feel the same?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been seeing this happen, too.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I too am seeing this a lot lately on my cloned smart lists, but I just remove a few or update one of 2 criterias. So I'm not sure if I opt to displace the cached list would give me accurate info.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback.  I submitted a ticket to tech support and will let you know what they say.

In my case the smart list icon in the tree view indicates that the lists are cached.  However, I have never chosen to have them cached and even after updating the filters and refreshing the lists, the icons still indicate that the smart lists are cached.  Strangely though, the Leads tab of the smart lists don't indicate that the lists are cached and when the lists are loading Marketo may even display a prompt to cache the list.  The lists were created a few months to over a year ago and I frequently update their filters.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tech support indicates that In the January release, they implemented a feature where if you export a list, Marketo will automatically cache the list, but it should not persist if you edit the filter or refresh the list.  They are investigating.

Also strange that they didn't document this in the January release notes.  Seems like unless you are paying attention, you could easily wind up using old results with one of these auto-cached smart lists.  Does anyone else feel the same?

Anonymous
Not applicable

On some of my cached lists, I'm not seeing the "Refresh" option along the top tab. It usually appears when I visit a cached smart lists, and I would expect to see date/time info of when the list was last updated and the "Refresh" button next to that info.

However, even after clicking on the refresh icon at bottom (next to export-to-excel button), the count stays exactly the same and the cached list indicator (little paper clip) is still there.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an update on this from tech support.  They indicate that the icons with paperclips is due to caching on their end - where the file structure on the left was not updating. They cleared out the cache, and the Smart List icons now appear normal.  I asked if they are going to send out a communication about this or just clear everyone's cache and will post their response when I get it.