Does anyone know how to change a landing pages template after the landingpage has been created.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how to change a landing pages template after the landingpage has been created.....

sigh...

Is it just me or does Marketo now allow you to change the landing page template selected once the landing page has been created? 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone know how to change a landing pages template after the landingpage has been created.....

The problem described can be caused by cookies or permissions assigned to a role.

In principle Design Studio should allow to edit the landing page template even when there are approved landing pages based on that template. 

When a template is edited, approved landing pages remain intact while the template's status is "Approved with Draft".

Once the template is approved the landing pages will change to "Approved with Draft". 
They will reflect the new design once approved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone know how to change a landing pages template after the landingpage has been created.....

Brian, I think he's talking about the template type, not the actual look adn feel of the landing page.

James, at the moment you can't change it, unfortunately. 

Thanks,
JayF
Anonymous
Not applicable

What you can do James is clone it with a new template. When you clone the page, select a different template.

You can vote for my idea from 2011 about this. 🙂  http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HIIHAA4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone also happen to such case:

I created a landing page template, approved it; created a landing page based prior template.

When i made some modification on the template, there is no "Approved with Draft" for me to choose. the template still in approved. no signal for me that it been changed. It's really odd.

In above case, i have to delete the landing page, recreate it again. that's really repeatable work for me.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rose - This is a bug. When you edit the template, just hit F5 or Refresh on your browser, that will show you the draft you've just made and allow you to approve it. This problem is worse in IE & Firefox, less of a problem in Chrome.

This bug has been around for several months, it might help the process if you create a ticket with support about it.