Does anyone have answers on managing multiple lists across your org from an internal process/best practices standpoint?

Cori_Chao
Level 2

Does anyone have answers on managing multiple lists across your org from an internal process/best practices standpoint?

What I’m looking for is more from the company internal perspective (governance).  I want to know how other companies manage the process for the team who wants to send their email to another teams list.  Do you have any company best practices for managing these requests?  As possible policy example:  If group A wants to send an email broadly they are instantly approved to send to their own list, but have to get BU approval for any and all of the other lists they’d like to mail to. 

Cori

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does anyone have answers on managing multiple lists across your org from an internal process/best practices standpoint?

There are no request routing capabilities in marketo currently, though it is on the roadmap.  Therefore, this is typically handled with Workspaces and data partitions where a group will only have access to their leads in their data partition.  When they want to send to leads from another department they have to make that request to a center of excellence or corporate workspace for that to go out.

Cori_Chao
Level 2

Re: Does anyone have answers on managing multiple lists across your org from an internal process/best practices standpoint?

I should clarify that I'm not looking for a Marketo solution (yet).  I'm looking to understand company best practices.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cori,

I have heard of a solution where you create personas via segmentation and then you can "Check" out a segment when conducting an email blast. Managing the list of checkouts can be tricky if your company does not have the internal tools to monitor the list. Another option is still using the segmentations, but assign ownership of each list to a different marketing representative, even if they don't necessarily own that product/geo/etc. This will provide another level of checks and balances.

Hope that helps!