SOLVED

Re: Do you use Marketo to send engineering updates/deployment notices to users or use other methods (e.g. community, etc.)?

Go to solution
Oceane_Li
Level 2

Do you use Marketo to send engineering updates/deployment notices to users or use other methods (e.g. community, etc.)?

As described in the subject

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Do you use Marketo to send engineering updates/deployment notices to users or use other methods (e.g. community, etc.)?

If they mention maintenance/upgrade events -- even those that are not expected to be service-impacting -- I would not send them through Marketo or any comparable platform. You do not want such emails mistakenly caught as spam, under any circumstances, due to collateral damage from Marketo's multi-tenant architecture.

If you have a dedicated IP with Marketo, it's less of a worry, but I still wouldn't do it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

Hi Oceane,

Our IT team uses Mailchimp to send notification across the org but I guess you can use Marketo for the same for sure!

Best,

Sonali

Oceane_Li
Level 2

Thanks for the fast reply. Sonali! Could you talk about more in details what customer/user comms you are sending by using Marketo vs. using Mailchimp? That is one of the strategic debate we are having in our team and would love to hear outsiders thoughts!

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Oceane Li​ ,

Thats an interesting question. In my previous organization, I know of one of our client who used Marketo for:

• Product Marketing - Leveraging end to end marketing automation services in Marketo like Email Blasts, Standard engagement programs, Lead scoring and lead life-cycle as well
  • HR Initiatives- Because of being a global organization and running extensive hiring initiatives and drills, The HR department of the same company used Marketo extensively as well
  • Internal Communications - Marketo was also used in the same company to provide organization wide "Technical updates" and even scoring the employees based on their engagement with these updates.

Basically the only constraint when it comes to deciding as to what to use Marketo for, is your Lead database limit you have purchased along with your instance. Marketo has a cap of 100k leads. When your data base starts nearing 100k leads or is about to exceed that number, You would start receiving email from Marketo support about upgrading your lead database limit. At which point you can get in touch with your Customer success manager for pricing details.

If database limit is not an issue, then you can most certainly use Marketo for Engineering updates and deployment notices!

Hope that helps!

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If they mention maintenance/upgrade events -- even those that are not expected to be service-impacting -- I would not send them through Marketo or any comparable platform. You do not want such emails mistakenly caught as spam, under any circumstances, due to collateral damage from Marketo's multi-tenant architecture.

If you have a dedicated IP with Marketo, it's less of a worry, but I still wouldn't do it.