SOLVED

Do you import leads without email addresses?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you import leads without email addresses?

A recent thread has led me to wonder how many people are doing this. I do it all the time with tradeshow list imports where some leads may not have provided an email address. I upload them to a Marketo program and then sync to SalesForce and do the de-duplicating from there.

Some Marketo documentation indicates you can't import leads without email addresses, but I've never had a problem. Anyone else?

Of course, I would never import leads without email addresses just to retain them in Marketo only.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Re: Do you import leads without email addresses?

We import those leads also. Usually our SDR team complete the email address from other systems (Linkedin, Leadspace etc...).
I think the only problem that can occur is when you have validation rule on "Email missing" in SFDC.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a salesman, I usually flag these as Bad data and then put them as high priority in the queue for cleansing.

Ian

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ian - But if they have a phone number and came to the booth, wouldn't you want them in the system so you can call?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends - if they are a Sales Qualified Lead - definitely - get it in the CRM.

If there are Marketing Qualified, leave it for the nururing program until the next implicit or explicit trigger converts the lead to sales qualified. It comes down to sales and marketing alignment :).

Ian
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

We import those leads also. Usually our SDR team complete the email address from other systems (Linkedin, Leadspace etc...).
I think the only problem that can occur is when you have validation rule on "Email missing" in SFDC.