Do emails render properly for Outlook 2010 recipients?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do emails render properly for Outlook 2010 recipients?

I composed an email that renders well in Outlook (Office 2013), but my director of marketing has Outlook 2010, and the position of two of the text boxes was completely different when she received the email.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with emails rendering in Outlook 2010?

Attached is the email in question.

Thank you in advance for your comments/suggestions.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do emails render properly for Outlook 2010 recipients?

This is a common problem with all emails.  They render great in some systems but not others.  This is due to the fact that different email clients read html differently.  The only way to be sure is to use a tool like Marketo Deliverability.  The deliverability will render your email in all major email clients and let you see first hand, before you send it, how it will look.  From here you can correct any mistakes in the html.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jamie.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Get Litmus to review. Then you'll still need to tweak the HTML.

Also, a lot of folks demand perfection across ALL renders. Forget that. Focus on the top providers like Outlook, Apple Mail, Gmail, and a couple of others. Each system renders slightly differently and you'll never get it 100% perfect.

Of course, the simpler your email is in structure, the better off you'll be.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi all,

One of the most frustrating platform for this in Androïd. Google has changed the email client between v 4.4 (using Androïd email client) and v5 (using gmail app, that is in fact a regression compared to Android email app....

Is some has found the HTML technique to support correctly both, I would be interested

-Greg