Discrepancy between Email Program dashboard and email performance report

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Discrepancy between Email Program dashboard and email performance report

Why is there such a discrepency - specifically EMAIL DELIVERED - between the dashboard and the performance report?  And in the dashboard, shouldn't email delivered by emails sent minus bounces?

0EM50000000RYTs.jpg

0EM50000000RYTn.jpg
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

Re: Discrepancy between Email Program dashboard and email performance report

Dan,

In the past there has been a difference between the Campaign data and the Email Performance data, but in this situation, it seems very different. I would speak with Support.

It is possible that you are looking at data that is out of sync, that is, it is showing you a complilation of data and a process on Marketo's side hasn't completed somewhere, thus two reports are wildly out of sync. It's also possible that you ran the report early - I usually wait 72 hours before the email data is considered "complete" enough.
Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Josh.  I opened up a Support ticket last week with Support - hopefully they'll eventually provide some additional insight.  This campaign was sent last Tuesday, so there's certainly enough time for Marketo to sync all of the data properly.
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Just a question: does Marketo factor clicks with no corresponding Open record?  For example: if I choose to not download images then I will never get counted as Opened.  If I click, that'll count as a click but does it back-fill in the Open to ensure that I get counted in both categories since I obviously opened?
Robb Barrett
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Robb,

For Analytics data such as email performance reports, Marketo will backfill an open when a tracking link is clicked.  This will not count as the Open activity, however, so it will not exist in activity logs, or trigger campaigns.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a difference in the filter parameters between the EPR "delivered" and a smart list filter for "was delivered email"? I have two different numbers also, varying by 50 leads.