Disable Salesforce Sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disable Salesforce Sync

Hi! 

We accidentally used up our Salesforce API and wanted to pause the marketo sync to sfdc for a few days so we can run some mass updates. However, I clicked "disable sync" and it still synced... Is it supposed to do that? 

Also, if the sync is off, does that prevent other campaigns from running normally? My queue is completely backed up even though it usually is pretty empty. Even campaigns that simply change a program status are not moving anymore. 

Thanks for the help! 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Disable Salesforce Sync

Elaine,

Are you sure the sync isn't disabled? Where does it say this?

Why do you want to pause the sync anyway - what sort of mass updates are we talking about?

If the Sync is off, any Program that is Synced to SFDC Campaign and any flow that is trying to implicitly or explicitly sync leads or work with SFDC Campaigns will break. You will get a lot of errors that leads did not sync for various reasons and unfortunately, they will not magically fix those leads once you restore the link.

Also any Activities/Tasks that you are syncing will not sync for that time period.

Interesting Moments and Scores will resync after the sync is restored.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disable Salesforce Sync

I just talked to support and the flow steps such as add to SFDC campaign and sync lead to SFDC still work even if you disable the bidirectional sync. That's why it was still syncing.