SOLVED

Difference between Google Analytics and Marketo landing page numbers

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference between Google Analytics and Marketo landing page numbers

Marketo and GA are giving me wildly differnet numbers between leads in marketo and google session for a subset of our web pages. We have a sample request form that can be reached from a number of differnet pages on our website. The common phrase in the url is FreeSample.aspx. When I search for the number of leads that visited this page in marketo I get 746 for the month of June whereas looking at the number of sessions generated in GA for the same parameter for the month of June gives me 106. This is a HUGE difference which cannot be explained by leads versus sessions. 

Any insights?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between Google Analytics and Marketo landing page numbers

Thanks for your help folks. I figured it out. I was looking at landing page anlaytics in GA as opposed to all pages. Now the GA numbers are bigger in terms of sessions versus users in Marketo, but that makes sense.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is likely to be unique versus total visitors.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your Analytics account suppress internal IP addresses? I have all employees blocked from showing up in Analytics, but there's no function such as that in Marketo. That's where I usually see that discrepancy, but as Breno says. Unique Sessions & Landing Page Visits are not the same thing. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point regrding the internal IP addresses ! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help folks. I figured it out. I was looking at landing page anlaytics in GA as opposed to all pages. Now the GA numbers are bigger in terms of sessions versus users in Marketo, but that makes sense.