SOLVED

Did you attend the Marketo Summit?

Go to solution
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

Did you attend the Marketo Summit?

I could not find anyhing here related to the 2013 Marketo Summit, so I thought it would be a good idea to share impressions of the event. For those of you that went to San Francisco this week... How did you take advantage of attending the event, and what are your impressions (good or otherwise)?

I will start answering my own question. I hope more people follow up on the post. I think it was a great even. It was very nice meeting in person so many of you and sharing experiences in the "Marketing Nation". Marketo was very open in terms of the road map which is always good, and one of my favorite sessions was Glen Lipka's story of the Marketo product design. It was a session that for me at least was an eye opener to better understand how Marketo got to where it is today. The application screenshots from the 2007 version compared to what is is now, explain a lot of the reasons of how we got where we are right now. I now understand better how the platform has evolved and where it is going next.

There where some amazing sessions that at a very high level showed how everyone takes a very different approach when it is time to onboard Marketo, including at a global scale. Kudos Marketo! I am already making plans for next year.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did you attend the Marketo Summit?

Hi everyone, recordings and slide decks will be available in Community in a few weeks. If you attended you'll receive an email notification, if you didn't attend I'll announce it in community also.

Thanks for your comments here! 

Best,
Liz 

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an EMEA Summit planned?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this Rafael. I am so glad you found the content and connections so valuable, and I agree Glen's session was unique and provided good insight into how Marketo became what it is today. I encourage others to share some favorite takeaways for those that couldn't attend. 

If you have feedback on the event, feel free to email me at lcourter@marketo.com.

I'm missing all of our customers already!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheryl's new feature roadmap was VERY exciting to see, especially:
  • Engagement Module: Finally a substitute for Traffic Cop that doesn't require an engineering degree to figure out
  • The marketing calendar
  • Marketo Financial Management
  • Forms 2.0
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciated the transparency and honesty from everyone at Marketo. I wasn't impressed with all of my sessions, but there were a few that I felt were some of the best I'd ever attended.

Social Media for Lead Generation with Jason Miller (Marketo) and Koka Sexton (LinkedIn) was just fantastic. It's not very often that you come away with a list of concrete, actionable items, especially in a social media session. Usually, the takeaway is "You should be generating leads on social media." We know, already, right? This wasn't that type of session. It was informative and insightful and went beyone the basics. Very well done - thank you! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another great Marketo User Summit!  I was blown away by the "You might like this"  content scoring/ recommendation session by Balihoo.  I'm just disappointed I can't take advantage of it until I convince my new company to updgrade to Enterprise on Salesforce.  

So wonderful to see so many new faces to the Marketing Nation and how much MUS has grown every year.  Great job! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liz, when will the recordings of the sessions be available? I have about 5 that I'd like to rewatch that were absolutely excellent.
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

Irina's comment resonates with what I was thinking this morning as well. I would also like to know when the recordings will be available. Since having that information available pretty much will allow everyone to have the virtual experience of being at the event, I will mark that response when we have it as the top answer to this thread.

Keep the comments coming "Marketoians" (we, members of the Marketing Nation more specific to Marketo, should get a nickname like every nation does). People from Canada are Canadians, from Germany are known as Germans, etc... so what should the name (demonym) be for citizens of the Marketo nation? New post?

Thank you,

Rafael
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a wonderful experience at the MUS!  There are a lot of great sessions and a ton of useful information.  I was definitely most impacted by Lee Anne Wimberly and Cyndie Beckwith's Advanced Nurturing session.  Great information with some immediately actionable items!  I'm eager to get them implemented. Would love to be able to access the presentations for a look back and to view the presentations I missed. 

I also made some great connections at the Expo.  I found a lot of cool platforms that can be implemented with Marketo and have already made plans with a number of the partners for follow up meetings and demos.  

Oh, and don't forget the Party!  Lots of fun!  Kudos to David for having the guts to get out there on the dance floor and get the party started.  Shout out to my hardcore dancing machines!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, recordings and slide decks will be available in Community in a few weeks. If you attended you'll receive an email notification, if you didn't attend I'll announce it in community also.

Thanks for your comments here! 

Best,
Liz