Design Studio vs. Local Assets

Anonymous
Not applicable

Design Studio vs. Local Assets

Why would I create anything in the design studio versus creating them locally?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Design Studio vs. Local Assets

One is If the content is going to repurposed in different types of programs, that should not  be cloned, but the same content will be reused.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tim,

you will do that at least for basic templates such as landing page templates and mailing templates in order to select those while creating a local asset.

With local assets it's also easier to maintain the ovierview within a programs workflow cause they're mostly following the same naming conventions.

I'm also happy about even more arguments because I was wondering about the same topic before. 🙂
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I always recommend Sales Alerts and cross program content live in Design Studio.

Also, there may be instances where a Designer Role has access to Design Studio but not your Programs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Design Studio Tab was the only place you used to be able to build assets.  With the launch of Programs you now can have a more advanced asset strategy.  All the recommendations above are very good.  The rule of thumb I suggest you follow is to consider the Design Studio tab your Global Asset Library and your programs as local assets.  It is also the best/only place for your to store all of your templates!

Thanks,
M