SOLVED

Delivery activities when using email CC

Go to solution
traceyrbartz
Level 1

Delivery activities when using email CC

While reading through product docs about the email CC functionality I noticed the following statement:

"delivery activity (sent, delivered, hard bounce, etc.) other than “soft bounce” will not register, as Marketo is not able to distinguish delivery events for the Marketo Person from the CC recipients’."

I'm hoping someone who has implemented this can tell me exactly how this appears in reporting. The way I'm reading this, if I send an email to 10k people and there is a CC address for each person (so I'm actually sending 20k emails), the send number in the email performance report would be 0. Is that true?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Delivery activities when using email CC

No, I believe the number in your performance report is 10k. What Marketo is saying here that the CC email is not registered as an activity.

Very similar to the "Send Alert" step. Send Alert itself is registered, but the email send, delivery, open or click on that alerted person is not. So you can never tell if your alert was actually delivered.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Delivery activities when using email CC

No, I believe the number in your performance report is 10k. What Marketo is saying here that the CC email is not registered as an activity.

Very similar to the "Send Alert" step. Send Alert itself is registered, but the email send, delivery, open or click on that alerted person is not. So you can never tell if your alert was actually delivered.