SOLVED

Deleting the reference of a segment from smart list of email program

Go to solution
raiashutosh
Level 2

Deleting the reference of a segment from smart list of email program

Hi,

I am trying to delete a segment that we won't be using, I understand that you have to look at the used by tab and delete the reference of the segment from the email content(remove dynamic content based on the segment), Smart lists, smart list of email programs.

Recently Marketo blocked changes in the smart list of an email program once it is approved/sent. So I am unable to remove the reference of the segment from the smart list of these email programs.

raiashutosh_0-1671451119978.png

I couldn't find any way around in the community for this, Is there any other way, except to delete the whole email program?

Thanks!
Ash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Deleting the reference of a segment from smart list of email program

Marketo would not mind you deleting segments (or even whole segmentation) that are being referenced in completed email send programs. I tested it just now to be sure, and I could delete the segment and the segmentation used in a completed email send program. Before deleting/modifying a segmentation, you'd have un-approve it first, until you don't un-approve the segmentation, the delete option will be grayed out. Below is the snapshot of how the Email Send program's SL would look when you delete the segment that it was referencing - 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1671455042590.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Marketo would not mind you deleting segments (or even whole segmentation) that are being referenced in completed email send programs. I tested it just now to be sure, and I could delete the segment and the segmentation used in a completed email send program. Before deleting/modifying a segmentation, you'd have un-approve it first, until you don't un-approve the segmentation, the delete option will be grayed out. Below is the snapshot of how the Email Send program's SL would look when you delete the segment that it was referencing - 

Darshil_Shah1_0-1671455042590.png

raiashutosh
Level 2

Thanks, @Darshil_Shah1, I'll try now.