deleting leads with GoToWebinar integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

deleting leads with GoToWebinar integration

Hi everyone,

We have a partner that promotes our webinars. As part of our agreement, we can market to and call only those that opt-in to our email newsletter or were already in our database before they signed up for the webinar. 

We've been routing the leads to our marketing user in Salesforce that don't opt-in to our email newsletter and weren't already in our database and marketing them as do not call, do not email. The problem is, we have LeanData routing set up, so a lot of the leads end up getting routed to sales reps, and then there's confusion when a rep gets a new lead they can't call or email. 

The webinars are hosted through GoToWebinar, which is integrated to Marketo. 

We thought about deleting the leads in Marketo before they reach Salesforce, but I'm concerned since its an integration with GoToWebinar, that those leads will just continue to come back from GTW to Marketo, and then to Salesforce or that it might mess up the webinar program in some other way I'm not thinking about. 

Does anyone have suggestions and/or thoughts on how to get this done without unintended consequences? 

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: deleting leads with GoToWebinar integration

I would change the sync logic in Marketo to exclude those who are a part of these webinars (by lead source or some other unique identifier that shows the record came from GoToWebinar) and are opted out. I'm not sure how you have your integration logic set up now, but if you have a smart campaign pushing records to SF, you could just exclude them there. If you do not share these records with SF, there is no risk of routing to a rep.