Re: Deleting leads from Marketo that have already been deleted from SFDC

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Deleting leads from Marketo that have already been deleted from SFDC

I'm debating whether I should set up an automated smart campaign that checks if a lead gets deleted from SFDC and then delete it from Marketo as well. Trying to think of scenarios where this might be problematic, like what happens if the lead is a duplicate in Marketo but not a duplicate in SFDC...do both records get deleted or how does Marketo know which one to delete? Or vice versa, if a lead is a duplicate in SFDC but not a dupe in Marketo, if one of the dupes gets deleted in SFDC, I wouldn't want it to get deleted in Marketo.

Anybody deal with a similar dilemma?

3 REPLIES 3
Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Nina Valtcheva​,

We had the same issues.

Instead of deleting it right away; what we did is to change the Lead status in SFDC to junk and sync it with Marketo and at the end of month we download the junk list ,have a look manually and then delete it on the Marekto level.

Hope it helps.

Nina_Valtcheva5
Level 5

Thanks Ravi! This seems like a great solution and I will recommend it to my sales ops team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For duplication, I think you can try TIBCO Clarity. It has a really powerful and robust de-duplication function.

You can customize your match strategies by columns or by swappable columns or by columns against to a thesaurus table, and then use them to discover duplicate records from any incomplete or partially similar records, even from records in different languages.

In addition, It has deep integration with both Salesforce and Marketo. It can help you directly update and remove duplication data in your salesforce and Marketo account. Also, once you build your own receipt, you can alway reuse it to handle your new coming data. It is really simple and easy.

you can try TIBCO Clarity for free.   https://clarity.cloud.tibco.com/landing/index.html