SOLVED

delete portions of email design

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

delete portions of email design

There are parts of a template that I do not need. Unfortunately, it seems only way to modify template is messing with html coding. Is that the case? Seems like a very time consuming process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: delete portions of email design

Yes, Email templates are hard coded in Design Studio. You will have to clone the template and make a new one by changing the code.

Launchpoint.marketo.com has partners who can assist with this. I highly recommend Perkuto and Grazitti as options for building templates for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, Email templates are hard coded in Design Studio. You will have to clone the template and make a new one by changing the code.

Launchpoint.marketo.com has partners who can assist with this. I highly recommend Perkuto and Grazitti as options for building templates for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrea Quartz ,

Like Josh said, templates are hard coded so you'd have to clone and alter the template's code. Sometimes when we don't need a section though we've implemented the use of a snippet but with no content included in the snippet. We call this our "Blank Snippet" and insert it in sections we may not be using (for example if a newsletter only has 3 sections instead of 4 for example).

We also use Grazitti as well and they've been really great and responsive to work with so I'd highly recommend them if you want a couple stock templates to work from.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Very helpful!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick, helpful response!