Re: Delete Email in Active Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete Email in Active Campaign

Can I delete and an email in an active campaign and remove the flow step Send Email? There are five emails in my campaign and I only want four but the first email has already been sent.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to, you would want to start by adjusting the campaigns that actually fire the email send for that email, if you remove the email first, it can cause the campaign to fail, but remove it first then you should be ok. Unless I'm missing a something unique about the campaign.
Kenneth_Elking1
Level 3

Hey Janine,

Marketo will not actually allow you to delete an asset that is currently being used or referenced by another asset or Smart Campaign.  In order to delete the email(if that's what you really want to do), you must first remove it from all flow steps, triggers, and filters that it is associated with.

The first step in ensuring that your leads don't receive that email is removing it from the flow steps associated with it, and then if you want to delete or unapprove that particular email, to remove it from any filters or trigger that reference it.  Hope that helps you out.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenneth and Clinton. This is very helpful.