SOLVED

Delete Custom Object

Go to solution
mlohot
Level 1

Delete Custom Object

Hi Everyone,

We have three custom objects (CO) that are no longer required.

We would like to delete these custom objects but they are linked in campaign and smart lists. 

In order to delete CO, we first manually need to unlink the reference of this CO from campaign and smart lists where it is used. 

I would like to know the following

1. Is there any API available that will help in unlinking the reference of CO?

2. Will there be any negative impact on lead activity once we unlink the CO from campaign and smart lists?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Delete Custom Object

I don't think there's an API call to de-link the CO from the places it's being referenced. You can use the Get Custom Object Dependent Assets endpoint to get a list of dependent assets of a custom object type, including their in-instance location. This is useful when removing a CO and you need to identify everywhere that a custom object type is in use. Alternatively, you can also see the Used By tab in the Custom Object detail page in Admin. Once you delete a custom object, all its data and the references in the person activity log will be removed from Marketo. It'd be like all the data associated with it never existed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I don't think there's an API call to de-link the CO from the places it's being referenced. You can use the Get Custom Object Dependent Assets endpoint to get a list of dependent assets of a custom object type, including their in-instance location. This is useful when removing a CO and you need to identify everywhere that a custom object type is in use. Alternatively, you can also see the Used By tab in the Custom Object detail page in Admin. Once you delete a custom object, all its data and the references in the person activity log will be removed from Marketo. It'd be like all the data associated with it never existed.

mlohot
Level 1

Thanks