DefaultFirstName - MKTO in a lead's First Name

Anonymous
Not applicable

DefaultFirstName - MKTO in a lead's First Name

Has anyone had issues with this? We have a bunch of leads in our data base who have "DefaultFirstName - MKTO" and "DefaultLastName - MKTO" for their first and last name - which looks terrible when you're trying to personalize emails using the first name token. How does this happen? How do we fix it? 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DefaultFirstName - MKTO in a lead's First Name

Do you have the data somewhere else that shows what the first name and last name should be for that given email address? If so, an import of that date should overwrite the default statements. Worst case, you could write a program that would delete that field info that shows those values. It would be better to have nothing there so that your default token tag could at least say Dear Valued Customer. Not personalized but better than "default first name."
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Go to your Marketo Admin - Salesforce, and see, if any such default values are set for the sync.

If not, you'll have to do some detective work to find how these are set. Find a lead record with those values and look at their Activity Log. You should be able to identify the campaign that sets these values - providing it has happened within the past 90 days.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We figured out it was a bug on our end. Now I'd like to go in and fix it. I think I can do this via change data value flow but i'm not sure how to structure it. I'd like Marketo to go in and delete the first name of every lead who's first name contains "DefaultFirstName". Just clear the field. So that if we ever do use the First Name token, nothing will appear. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may have just found my answer. I use "NULL", correct? Change data value so that if first name contains "DefaultFirstName" attribute first name to equal NULL?