Default owner for new leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Default owner for new leads

How do I change the default owner for when new leads are created in Marketo? At the moment it is a colleague who has been locked out of Marketo and so new leads created are not being synched to Salesforce. I can see from the lead activity that they went to our website, filled out a form, were created as a new lead in Marketo, with my colleague as the lead owner, then failed to synch to Salesforce.

I'd like to know how to change the default lead owner for Marketo when a new lead is created. Would it have been set up in a smart campaign somewhere or is it in admin?

Thanks,

Jess

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Default owner for new leads

Hey Jessica,

It sounds like you have the Change Owner in the flow steps within Marketo. Do you know if you have the Auto-Assignment rules set up in SFDC? If so, you can removed the flow step or synching to your colleague and just use the "Sync to SFDC" flow step referencing the auto-assignment rules. I would make sure that the rules do not assign the Leads to your colleague, though.

Would you mind sending a screen shot of the flow steps where the Lead flows after filling the form?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response. I think we might be using the Auto-Assignment rules in SFDC. I tried a smart campaign to say change owner and used both the 'auto assignment' option and a specific user (myself)/ Both resulted in the same error message in results, saying that the user is locked out. See below lead activity detail after filling out the form, is this what you mean? Hopefully you can open the image and enlarge it.

0EM50000000RIvp.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jessica,

It appears you have a campaign called "Synch All Leads to SFDC". If this is true, can you provide a screen shot of it?

And I would try this:
- Find the Lead in your Lead database
- Right click on him
- Hover over Salesforce
- Click Sync Lead to SFDC...
- There, you will see Assign to: -- Use Auto-Assignment Rules --
- Leave that be and click Run Now

If this does not work, use the drop down when you are picking who should have ownership to find someone you know and would be able to double check the record for you (assuming you do not have access to SFDC).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

Tried the right click synch to SFDC originally, as well as the smart campaign. Tried both auto assignment rules and also selected myself as the user - neither worked. Got the same error message for both - attached. I do have access to SFDC and can see that the lead still hasn't synched. 

I am also the default lead owner in the campaign called 'Synch All Leads to SFDC' - screen shot also attached. Not sure why Matt is the lead owner for a newly created lead - that is what I would like to change, for any new leads created in Marketo, the lead owner to be myself instead of Matt.

0EM50000000RIz2.jpg

0EM50000000RIz7.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, this is a weird one. Was your colleague the one who set up Marketo? Is this the only Lead you are having issues with or are there more?

I would double check your credentials in the Admin section, under Integration -> Salesforce. I am pretty sure Marketo has a best practice to set up a new SFDC user for the sync between the two systems, but maybe you guys used his SFDC login?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My colleague is listed under the credentials for Salesforce integration in admin. I'm informed that his Salesforce lock out has now been reset however it's still not letting me synch that lead. Perhaps I should look at changing the Salesforce synch credentials to myself instead and see if that works.
Anonymous
Not applicable

When the Salesforce lock out is reset you may need a new set of credentials in Marketo.  You can always use your credentials to try it out, but if your colleague's account is active it should work as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks both - I changed the credentials for SFDC integration to myself by requesting a new token from SFDC and managed to manually synch the lead until my colleague's account was reset.

Jess