Data storage used

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data storage used

I reached out to Support and am not getting any answers. Does anyone know a total data size is used on an account, contact, and lead? As in how much storage is used on an account, contact, and lead record.

Example:

average account records is .1 mb

average contact record is .5mb

average lead record is .2mb

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Data storage used

Hey Reid, does your Marketo pricing model incorporate the amount of data used? I don't know if I've ever heard anyone question size of records before. Also, everything in Marketo is a record so it could be a lead OR contact (or neither), account is not a unique item in Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory! Thanks for replying. I will take a look at our pricing model. The question is really coming from our SFDC team in regards to an estimate of how much more storage we will need.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This solely depends on the size of the SFDC <-> Marketo synced fields and how they are populated (just as it would if the fields were SFDC-only).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This question is explicitly impossible to answer because Marketo allows you to add arbitrary custom fields of up to 32K *and* does not allocate space unless it is used (common to modern database systems).

You can calculate the maximum amount of space (roughly) by multiplying your lead count x the aggregate length of all fields. This will be wildly different from the average, which is based on how fields are filled.

Like Dory, I don't understand the significance of this metric.