Cvent Marketo Integration - Partition Assignment

mchakraborty
Level 2

Cvent Marketo Integration - Partition Assignment

Hello Marketo Community,

I'm currently working on integrating Cvent with Marketo and have encountered an issue with the Marketo partition assignment feature.

https://developers.cvent.com/doc/marketo-integration/#11938

Despite following the integration steps, I'm facing difficulties in getting the partition asisgnment feature to work seamlessly. 

We have created a custom field in Event object in Cvent and are unable to map this with the Marketo Lead Partion ID. 

mchakraborty_0-1691558281360.png

Has anyone else experienced a similar challenge with the Cvent and Marketo integration? If so, could you kindly share your insights or best practices for troubleshooting and resolving this specific issue? 

Thanks

Malay

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Cvent Marketo Integration - Partition Assignment

Are you using the correct Marketo Partition Id? Just FYR, you can use the Get Partitions Leads endpoint to get the correct partition Id and name of partitions in your instance. Also, I'm sure you'd have seen this in the Cevent Marketo integration document, but Cevent is not able to update the partition for the existing people (even though specifcied in the Lead Partition field), Partition assignement as per the specified Partition only works for the new people that gets created via Cevent.

mchakraborty
Level 2

Thanks Darshil, yeah I have got the right partition IDs and understand that Cvent can't change partition for existing records. 

However, my issue is I am not able to map the Cvent custom events field to the Marketo Lead partition ID field that is created in Cvent. 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Gotcha, thank you for that info! Do you see any specific error or warning as such while mapping the fields? Or is the Lead Partitions field not appearing in the field mappings table in the first place? IMHO, it's predominantly an issue from the Cevent side, and if all the steps are taken correctly and you're still facing issues mapping fields, this likely could be an isolated issue where you'd need to check with the Cevent's support team and get it fixed.