SOLVED

Re: Custom SFDC Object with a child custom Object

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom SFDC Object with a child custom Object

Hey all,

We are implementing a custom subscription object, that syncs with a Product user object, that in turn connects to the lead or contact in SFDC.

Does anyone have experience working with these Parent/Child relationships in Marketo?

Specifically, should I sync the Product User object that lives on the Lead and Contact level, or should I enable the object that lives under the Subscription object?

On the Lead/Contact Level:

pastedImage_0.png

On the Account level:

pastedImage_1.png

Do I need to sync all three?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Allison Sparrow

Marketo can only sync custom objects that have a direct relationship with the Lead, Contact, or Account objects.

In this case I would generally enable them under lead/contact if they connect to both person and account. This will be the most specific.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Justin_Norris1

Allison Sparrow

Marketo can only sync custom objects that have a direct relationship with the Lead, Contact, or Account objects.

In this case I would generally enable them under lead/contact if they connect to both person and account. This will be the most specific.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Justin Norris​! You're right, I had to enable the new object on the Lead and the Contact. Are we able to pull in custom object filters into Segments? I'm not able to see it now, however I have no Triggers enabled on the objects. Does that make a difference?

Justin_Norris1

Allison Sparrow​, the only filter you should see for the custom objects is the "Has [name of custom object]" filter. I believe it should be available in Segmentations, although other criteria such as behavioural and "Member of Smart List" filters are not.

I don't think the triggers being disabled would prevent the filter from being used, but try it with if it doesn't work to see if it makes a difference. You may need to activate the filters as well -- I can't remember off hand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin Norris​ I did a little more digging and custom filters are not enabled in Segmentations . I started a discussion for workarounds on this to see what others do to best use custom objects. Thank you for your help!!

Justin_Norris1

Allison Sparrow​ Darn. That's a pity.

In that case the best work-around I have found useful (in other scenarios where an attribute isn't available in a segmentation) is to use static lists. Same idea that Kristen Carmean​ mentioned.