Re: Custom Objects Steps 1-2-3 after Creation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Objects Steps 1-2-3 after Creation

I just had Custom Objects created in Marketo for our production and development environment.  After, verifying the objects exist on the lead tab, I noticed there are now fields for the objects.
How do I complete the steps: 

1. How do I create the fields for custom objects?  
    1a. Does the objects need to be synched to SFDC and the fields created from SFDC? 
2. How do I map the primary keys to the lead object? 
3. How do I use a custom object in a webhook? 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

As you've mentioned SFDC I'm answeing with this in mind

1. Yes, you create the fields in SFDC and then at the next sync they are created in Marketo. You may have to enable fields as constraints and triggers by going to Admin -> Salesforce -> Object Sync -> Edit visible fields.

See here

2. The relationship is managed on the SFDC side.

3. Any more details you can share? The custom objects and it's fields will be available as a filter in a smart campaign. So you can segment based on what lead has custom object X where custom object field A = 123.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cathal, I am curious how you would answer the above should someone not be using SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay I only saw your follow up this morning. If you are not using SFDC then custom objects can be created by enaging with Marketo's Professional services team. They will create the custom object table and it's field which can then be updated via the API. Then you should be able to use the custom object as a filter to query if a lead has an associated with a custom object record and then the indivdual fields would be available as constraints.