Re: Custom form need to post to the existing Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom form need to post to the existing Marketo

Hi Guys,

I need to add custom form (custom html and css form) in website and it will submit data to marketo and redirect to a custom success page .

So can you guys help me to integrate the api to submit data to marketo in "PHP" . I read the topics in communities but they are confusing. I just need to submit that form data to marketo.  

Any help would be appreciated .

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Greg, the server-side form post instructions should be clear if you have some PHP experience.

However, I doubt you need to use a server-side language at all.  If your data is coming in from a custom HTML form, you can use the Forms 2.0 API to cross-post data to Marketo at the same time that it posts to your website (or instead of posting to your website).  This is more scalable and maintainable than building rate-throttled back-end code.

For more insight I would read this Community post​ and the accompanying demo code: MktoForms2 :: StdForm to MktoForm

Jessica_Cross1
Level 6

The documentation Sanford linked to shows exactly how to make this happen. You build a custom form in marketo, find the ID of that form. That number is used when you POST the lead capture information to Marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

I was able to integrate marketo form in my site using custom html with the help of this link (MktoForms2 :: StdForm to MktoForm - JSFiddle ) .But now administrator is not receiving any mail like is was receiving earlier using embed code.

My client says "I just filled out a new form and did not receive an email."

Can you please help me on this. Is there anything needs to be done on client side to enable mail to administrator.

Thank you

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Alerts would be generated by a Flow step that looks for the form you're currently posting to.

Maybe you're using a new form and your Flow looks for an older form name....