SOLVED

Re: Custom footers by Template

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom footers by Template

Hello,

I'm being asked by my marketing team to customize the look and feel of the footers by the template we use. This can not be done on the segment level and I'd prefer to keep the footer in the admin area so I'm not updating all over the place. Does anyone have some thoughts on best ways to do this? Maybe a snipit that we refer to in each template? I'm not sure if that would work.

Regards,

Kelley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kelley,

The snippet is probably the best way to go. All the more so as you can restrict the roles so not anyone can create/update snippets.

The editor 2.0 will enable you to enforce the rules here as you will be able to create snippet elements, meaning a snippet will be mandatory there.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kelley,

The snippet is probably the best way to go. All the more so as you can restrict the roles so not anyone can create/update snippets.

The editor 2.0 will enable you to enforce the rules here as you will be able to create snippet elements, meaning a snippet will be mandatory there.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like the right way to do. I'm just waiting for Marketo to let us know when we can start using this version.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Make a token called {{my.Footer}} and put it in your template

You can then set it in each folder / program you use.

Robb Barrett
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to avoid to do this on every program level. Last Quarter alone my team supported 120 program builds. I'd like it to be as operational as possible.

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

For us, we have a folder called Programs.

Under programs we have Channels.

Under channels we have YY-MM

Our Template has a lot of tokens in footers.  I set the defaults in the Program folder, but if you want to make changes you can do so at the sub-folder level or the program level. 

I obviously don't know the scope of yours, but it works for our instance where we have 14 product lines with headquarters in different states.

Robb Barrett