SOLVED

Custom Fields-- why are values recorded as "true/false?"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Fields-- why are values recorded as "true/false?"

Hi,

We’re using Marketo forms 2.0 and having some trouble with two new custom fields I created. FYI the names of the custom fields I created are “Preferred Contact Method” and “Offers”—if you want specifics.

For “preferred contact method,” I am looking for one of three values to be passed to the appropriate record, either “email”, “phone,” or “no preference.”  However, right now if someone submits a form, the values captured say either “true” or “false,” which I was not expecting.  The same is true for my “Offers” field. Values captured say true/false.

Backtracking to Setup:
Within the Form Properties, the field type is set as “select” for one and “checkbox” for the other, while in Marketo Field Management, Boolean is the type listed for both. I set the values in the Form Properties, and they seemed to display just fine in my form, but something went wrong on the backend.

My hunch is that I chose the incorrect type in the Admin Field Management section, but I’m not sure what I would change it to to fix my problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Custom Fields-- why are values recorded as "true/false?"

Hey Jen,

The Boolean field type is what's causing your "True" and "False" data values. The field type you should be after is "String"

If you disassociate the field from your forms you should be able to change it's type if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jen,

The Boolean field type is what's causing your "True" and "False" data values. The field type you should be after is "String"

If you disassociate the field from your forms you should be able to change it's type if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, Caleb! Problem solved!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Caleb and Jen (for posting). Was just doing a little research on this and voila!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to help!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

@Jen, were you able to disassociate your fields from the form and fix it to a string?  I've encountered a strange problem with a form that I used which is Boolean and my options for my field label of Frequency is Daily or Weekly.  The strange thing is when I set up my email alert for the form fill, instead of showing a True or False or yes or no, I'm getting a 1 whether I choose Daily or weekly.  So if I change this to String, would it pull the correct information? where it will show up as Daily or Weekly?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There - I am having the same issue. Is there any way to recover the data i.e. how people answered in the form originally if it was set to Boolean? It seems counter productive to be able to set form values in the form, and them not be able to record?