SOLVED

Custom Email Template Guidelines?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Email Template Guidelines?

Hey gang,

I've engaged a design firm to create a bunch of assets for us, including an HTML email and a customize email template. I've dug around in here looking for some design guidelines or a specs sheet I could send them but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Does there exist and article/pdf/whatever that I can pass on to my design firm so they know what they're working with?

Thanks so much!

-Justin
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Custom Email Template Guidelines?

Hey Justin,

May also check out the "Working with Marketo Email Templates"
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqNCAS
(
somtimes the link changes, so just look for the search term above if need be)

It'll show exactly how the designer would setup the editable div classes in the templates.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have them look at what is here and then adapt the code built by Marketo to your look and feel...The key is that you want the assets that you build in Marketo based on the templates created by the design firm to be responsive (four different standards) to the device (over 65% mobile) that they are being viewed on...Also make sure you give them limited access to your instance so the proofs they are showing you durring the build are based on live code going out the front door of Marketo delivered to your in-box via smart campaign vs. proofs from Photoshop...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Justin,

May also check out the "Working with Marketo Email Templates"
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqNCAS
(
somtimes the link changes, so just look for the search term above if need be)

It'll show exactly how the designer would setup the editable div classes in the templates.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great point Michael...more than half the time I see design firms miss this step the first time through...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super helpful, guys. Exactly what I needed. Thanks so much!