SOLVED

Custom domain for 250ok Inbox Analytics

Go to solution
Tara_Dacci
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Custom domain for 250ok Inbox Analytics

I have the Email Deliverability add-on and I haven't used it much but I do want to monitor what percentage of my emails are making it to the Inbox. While going through the settings, in the analytics area I noticed that they ask for a custom domain to be created. My IT department is hesitant to do this. Can someone please explain why it is needed and how it is used? We just don't want to do anything that might affect our reputation since we just migrated over to a dedicated IP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Carmi_Lopez-Jo1
Level 3

Re: Custom domain for 250ok Inbox Analytics

@Tara Dacci: the creation of the domain in Analytics is different that the processes used for the Inbox tools. In Analytics, the idea is to ensure that links in other users' emails do not influence the reputation of yours. All that is required is creating a CNAME DNS entry on this domain that points to 250analytics.com. In almost all cases this is NOT your top level domain, but a subdomain such as analytics.yourdomain.com. We do have a comprehensive step-by-step instructions on how to do this embedded in the tool. If you have specific questions, please reach out to support.

thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You don't have to.

Pull the seedlists from reputation and then send an email only to that list.

Tara_Dacci

Thanks Josh. I had already used the seed optimizer to set up my seed list. All of our emails go that list now so I guess I'm all set.

Carmi_Lopez-Jo1
Level 3

@Tara Dacci: the creation of the domain in Analytics is different that the processes used for the Inbox tools. In Analytics, the idea is to ensure that links in other users' emails do not influence the reputation of yours. All that is required is creating a CNAME DNS entry on this domain that points to 250analytics.com. In almost all cases this is NOT your top level domain, but a subdomain such as analytics.yourdomain.com. We do have a comprehensive step-by-step instructions on how to do this embedded in the tool. If you have specific questions, please reach out to support.

thanks!

Tara_Dacci

Thank you Carmi!