Custom Activity Update Rest API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Custom Activity Update Rest API

This is no longer valid after the latest fall release, I had a long discussion with Marketo Customer Support and the short answer is that they do not support adding activities using the REST API. (they did before).  Notice it says "custom" activities on Add Custom Activities » Marketo Developers , this means it is not possible to create normal activities, only "custom" ones.  You need to contact Marketo to add them though, you cannot do that yourself 😞

I still do not agree with Marketo that they removed this, but they do not acknowledge that. I still think its a bug if you look closely at error message "Invalid activity type id '1" , notice the ' before the 1.

I hope this helps you

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, for something like Visits Web Page there is a far more scalable API anyway, especially if you're going to have 1:many lead:activities in a given day -- the Munchkin API.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct, but if you want to track other activity types and Munchkin is not an option the REST API fails to give support for this. In our case its Java backend which uses the REST API to add the activities.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When is the Munchkin endpoint not an option? Anything that can do REST can use Munchkin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, May i know why the stopped "support adding activities using the REST API". I sthere any security reason?