SOLVED

Custom Activity Data Export Field

Go to solution
Jay00031987
Level 4

Custom Activity Data Export Field

In our Marketo instance, one custom activity table is created in past one month. Now, business requirement is to export the bulk activity record and create dashboard while using in Power BI tool. 

I have exported the custom activity id (for example 10000) using bulk activity REST API method. https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/bulk-extract/bulk-activity-extract/ 

But, I am not able to reference the primaryAttributeValueId in the activity file. In my case, this is not program id and campaign id is also null. 

I was wondering what value does it refer primaryAttributeValueId

Jay
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
anildhull22
Level 1

Re: Custom Activity Data Export Field

For CustomActivities, We define a primary field while creating the activities, It should be referring to that field.

For Lead Activities, There are three things you need to look at

• activityTypeId
  • primaryAttributeValueId
  • primaryAttributeValue

You need to first get the Activity Type Ids using this Get Activity Types endpoint. Once you have the Activity Type Id, you will be able to figure out the other two.

So, if Activity Type Id is 2, that means it is a "Fill Out Form". Here primaryAttributeValueId will be form id and primaryAttributeValue will be the form name.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like anildhull22 says, the semantics of the primaryAttributeValueId and primaryAttributeValue change depending on which Activity ID you're querying.

For a Custom Activity, there's no reason to expect the value to reflect a Program ID or Campaign ID.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
anildhull22
Level 1

For CustomActivities, We define a primary field while creating the activities, It should be referring to that field.

For Lead Activities, There are three things you need to look at

• activityTypeId
  • primaryAttributeValueId
  • primaryAttributeValue

You need to first get the Activity Type Ids using this Get Activity Types endpoint. Once you have the Activity Type Id, you will be able to figure out the other two.

So, if Activity Type Id is 2, that means it is a "Fill Out Form". Here primaryAttributeValueId will be form id and primaryAttributeValue will be the form name.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like anildhull22 says, the semantics of the primaryAttributeValueId and primaryAttributeValue change depending on which Activity ID you're querying.

For a Custom Activity, there's no reason to expect the value to reflect a Program ID or Campaign ID.