SOLVED

Re: Currently we have some ad hoc things set up for MQL tracking and reporting, that all currently lives in salesforce and some manual spreadsheets. I was hoping how other companies track MQL’s in marketo or if that should be in salesforce. Open to some i

Go to solution
Andel_Alexander
Level 2

Currently we have some ad hoc things set up for MQL tracking and reporting, that all currently lives in salesforce and some manual spreadsheets. I was hoping how other companies track MQL’s in marketo or if that should be in salesforce. Open to some ideas

Currently, we have some ad hoc things set up for MQL tracking and reporting, that all currently lives in salesforce and some manual spreadsheets. I was hoping how other companies track MQL’s in marketo or if that should be in salesforce. Open to some ideas around options. The goal is to automate as much as possible and get away from manual mql tracking. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Re: Currently we have some ad hoc things set up for MQL tracking and reporting, that all currently lives in salesforce and some manual spreadsheets. I was hoping how other companies track MQL’s in marketo or if that should be in salesforce. Open to some i

Hi Andel, 

Typically, I run and track leads throughout the entire sales funnel within Marketo and feed the information/insight back over to Salesforce. We use the RCM to build out our sales journey and map each lead to a stage appropriate to where they are in the journey using data within our instance. Using this, we can better identify within Marketo where they're at in the journey.

Off the back of that, we within Marketing rely on opportunity reporting within Marketo to better understand how Sales are processing MQLs. We use various data variables from within Salesforce to then help identify if we need to take a lead back and recycle, re-nurture, or junk a lead.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Andel, 

Typically, I run and track leads throughout the entire sales funnel within Marketo and feed the information/insight back over to Salesforce. We use the RCM to build out our sales journey and map each lead to a stage appropriate to where they are in the journey using data within our instance. Using this, we can better identify within Marketo where they're at in the journey.

Off the back of that, we within Marketing rely on opportunity reporting within Marketo to better understand how Sales are processing MQLs. We use various data variables from within Salesforce to then help identify if we need to take a lead back and recycle, re-nurture, or junk a lead.

Andel_Alexander
Level 2

Thank you Josh. We've decided to take this pathway. We will look into our RCM and build it out. Thank you again for your help.

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Andel,

Not a problem at all. If my response was able to help, please feel free to mark it as correct. It helps with search queries down the track if others have the same question.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Andel, you should mark Josh's answer as Correct, rather than your own...

Chelsea_Stinnet
Level 3

Hi Anel,

While you can report from either Marketo or SFDC, I have seen lifecycle data most commonly reported in Marketo. Assuming you have a lead lifecycle up and running, you can create standard smart list reports that filter for MQL Date = last month or Revenue Stage was Changed, New Stage = MQL, timeframe = last month, and filter out any junk/test email domains from your list. This would be a good solution if you want to move away from manual reporting since these filters will update with new data as each month changes. You can also set up a smart list subscription that will be emailed to you on the first of each month. I would then recommend downloading and saving your list locally so that you have the point in time data since your data can change month to month (due to record merges, deletions, etc). Going a step further, you can set up similar reports for each stage of your lifecycle and easily calculate conversion rates month to month. 

Hope this helps! 

Andel_Alexander
Level 2

Thank you Chelsea. I really appreciate your help.