Re: CRM Creating Programs in Marketo

Kelly_Harman
Level 2

CRM Creating Programs in Marketo

Does anyone else have Dynamics and has used the feature to have CRM create programs in Marketo? My team wants to try this an I think its a bad idea. Would love to hear other peoples experiences.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just think about the entire process and risks and rewards.

Test it.

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

I am not aware of any feature in Dynamics that would allow you to create programs in Marketo. I don't think this is possible with their current native integration. We actually have a fair amount of customization in our Dynamics instance that allows us to do this by leveraging Marketo's APIs, but I'd love to move away from this setup if possible!

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Dan Stevens.​ I hope you do not mind me tagging you in these threads when I see them   I kind of feel if its a Dynamics question then you are the Guru.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, that's fine, Gerard.  I don't get out to the community as often as I used to.  This helps focus me to the right threads.

As Dave mentions, I too am not aware of any native functionality to do this - and even if it was, agree that it's a bad idea.  Especially since Marketo does not natively sync to the campaign entity in MSD.  So what would trigger this?  What would make more sense is a central MRM platform like Allocadia - which would be used/required to initiate the setup/budgeting/etc. of any marketing activity.  This would then trigger workflows to setup a request into a project management/request intake platform like Workfront; and then also create the program in Marketo once the request has been accepted by a member of the MOPS team.  Something like this (this was taken from a recent webinar presented by Comvault - where they use SFDC instead of MSD):

pastedImage_0.png

The good news is the Marketo natively syncing to the MSD campaign entity is on their short-term roadmap and hopefully will be available in Q1 2019. 

Kelly_Harman
Level 2

Yea, I think something like this sparked the thought for them. I'm feeling very opposed to having other services create programs in Marketo. I think it would make more sense for my team to create them that way we could use templates that already have tags and other items setup correctly. I just wanted to know if anyone else has had Dynamics create programs in Marketo. Here is a screenshot of what they were thinking. 

pastedImage_0.png

Kelly_Harman
Level 2

Do you know people that have had WF create programs in Marketo? Do they like that experience? Any issues?

Kelly_Harman
Level 2

Yes and I think that webinar is where my team got this idea. The only problem is I cant find anyone who has tried this out to fully vet it.