SOLVED

CRM created leads as SALES channel?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRM created leads as SALES channel?

Does anyone place NEW LEADS created in the CRM (by sales) into a dedicated program, with a channel like "SALES-OUTBOUND" ? I noticed in the Marketo webinars on analytics they have a dedicated channel set up, and I'd like to assume this is not a bad practice. Any thoughts? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Re: CRM created leads as SALES channel?

We use a Sales generated channel and have campaigns listening for sales created with a source of SFDC, we then mark them with the appropriate acquisition program, source and source detail.  

We use an inclusive analytics behavior for this channel with 2 possible statuses (member and engaged) with engaged being th success.  We always mark them as member to avoid capturing false successes in our reports.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tara_Petre

We use a Sales generated channel and have campaigns listening for sales created with a source of SFDC, we then mark them with the appropriate acquisition program, source and source detail.  

We use an inclusive analytics behavior for this channel with 2 possible statuses (member and engaged) with engaged being th success.  We always mark them as member to avoid capturing false successes in our reports.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tara! This is exactly what I envisioned. Curious: What do you define as your success trigger for this campaign? 
Tara_Petre

A success in this channel is 'engaged,' however, we don't actually mark leads in the sales generated channel with a success.  They can be successful within other programs, but being created isn't considered a success within our organization.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect, we'll mimic your ideas here. Thanks Tara.