Re: Criteria to create a Smart list which has all the Hard bounce data

Puneet_Jha
Level 1

Criteria to create a Smart list which has all the Hard bounce data

Can someone please help me in creating a smart list which could show all the hard bounce data?

Is this correct?

pastedImage_0.png

or this one?

pastedImage_1.png

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Puneet, your hard bounces will be both your Category 1 and Category 2 bounces. Category 1 bounces are the spam block while Category 2 bounces are email invalid.

You would be able to accomplish creating the Smart Lists for both categories of bounces or you can set two filters one one list with the OR operator.

pastedImage_0.png

Puneet_Jha
Level 1

Thanks Brayan & Ankit! Based on your input. I have created 2 Smart lists. Please check the criteria below & let me know if it looks fine now for both the categories. Also I am planning to merge both the list & after removing duplicates whatever I will get , will be my final Hard Bounce list. Correct?

Category 1: Blacklist

pastedImage_0.png

Category2: Invalid Email

pastedImage_1.png

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Puneet,

The smart lists you have created is for Blacklisted and Email Invalids.

Blacklisted leads are generally those leads which you update from your end, as an example to prevent emails to go out to your competitors you update them as blacklist.

Email Invalid: An invalid email is one that received a 5XX bounce code, which usually means that the email is no longer valid.

Apart, from these please refer to Bryan's post for removing Category 1 bounces too.

You can have a look here for definitions of different types of bounces:https://martech.zone/soft-hard-email-bounce-codes/

Puneet_Jha
Level 1

Are you saying for Email Invalid True, i should consider only 5xxx bounce code & ignore remaining? I am confused. Please let me know what is the actual filter that can be used. This post request is for identifying HardBounce. Based on your response & Bryan;s input i created above filters and requesting you to check if i have missed any.

If i understand correctly, i need to add below mentioned filter here?

pastedImage_0.png

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Puneet, you would make two smart lists. One that has the following below (Category IS 1), and another that has (Category IS 2). This will be your two hard bounce categories (Category 1 - Spam Block & Category 2 - Email Invalid). This will show you who is on a respective list.

pastedImage_0.png

If you were to want to have a combined list with everyone from both of these lists, you would create a list that either:

• Uses the Member of Smart List filter
  • Uses the Email Bounced filter for both categories (with the OR operator)
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Please follow Bryan's comment. This is something which I meant to say

Thanks

Ankit

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

This is an interesting post to check your hard bounces:

Maintaining a Directory of Leads Bouncing Emails