Creating Sales Persons via API and viewing them on Admin Portal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Sales Persons via API and viewing them on Admin Portal

Hello! I'm using a Developer Sandbox account to try out the REST API. As part of that, I'm trying to create a Sales person​ and the API returns a successful response. However, I'm not able to see this person on the Admin Portal under "Security -> Users & Roles".

Am I missing something? Or is there a different place where I could check the users created using the API?

3 REPLIES 3
David_Everly
Marketo Employee

Re: Creating Sales Persons via API and viewing them on Admin Portal

Instead of create a Sales Person, I think you really want to create a Lead?  If so, then use the Sync Leads endpoint to create a Lead, then you can view the lead by going to Lead Database > Default > System SmartLists > All Leads.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks David. We were of the impression that Sales Persons are the users who we need to provision for our customers. But it turns out they are different from actual Marketo Users that we see in the Admin Portal (under Users and Roles).

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Sales Person is the entity that owns Person records for sales and marketing purposes.  Marketo Users cannot be created over the API and must be invited through the UI by an administrator.