Creating Marketo activities in Microsoft Dynamics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Marketo activities in Microsoft Dynamics

Hello,

I'm in the process of finalizing the integration of our Microsoft Dynamics CRM & Marketo and I have run into a bit of a hang-up. With our current system, when we send emails to our students, they are displayed as activities in Dynamics. We have trained our 1,200 reps to look for those activities and to rely on them as a way of knowing what communications their students have received. Now that we are transitioning those emails into Marketo, we don't, from what I can see, have any way of allowing those reps to see what emails their students are receiving in CRM. We are hoping to make the transition with minimal to no further IT involvement (they own Dynamics) and we also do not plan on rolling out sales insights for a few months (The logistics of training 1,200 people on new software will be difficult). 

Is there any way to natively or simply write activities or even interesting moments back from Marketo into Dynamics? I know it's possible with scribe, but the development time and IT interactions are not ideal.

Thanks,

Tim

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creating Marketo activities in Microsoft Dynamics

Marketo creating activities in dynamics is not an out of the box feature today I'm afraid. There are possibly workarounds with webhooks but I don't know MSD's API well enough to judge how easy it might be.

I'd love to see this too so I've created an idea :

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Cathal. I voted your idea up, hopefully it's something we can get them to do in the near future.

When we were going through our evaluation process, the sales team mentioned that it was something on the horizon, it would definitely help out a ton.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do this with custom fields and some business process flows in CRM. It's not that hard, but it will require some involvement from your CRM admin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Kristen, I believe I was actually reading your implementation tip on creating fields, last night. It's definitely something we will look into!

John_M
Marketo Employee

Tim

I also emailed you about this yesterday, as you're aware.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup - thank you so much for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kristen, do you have a link or something regarding the work around for this. We are in the same situation where we want to have activities posted for our sales people and/or create tasks based off interesting moments?