Re: Creating Custom Landing Pages in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Custom Landing Pages in Marketo

We tried to create a custom landing page template in Marketo.

However, when we went to go make a new landing page, based on the template - and selected that template for us, it didn't work.

We can't add forms, rich text editing, social media icons - virtually it's unusable. Without having someone review every part of the code, I'm not sure how we go back into the template and fix this issue.

Any thoughts?

Catherine Gutierrez
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you loooked at this resource:

http://templates.marketo.com/

...it has everything you need. The key here is that these asets are responsive and will format based on the device the viewer is using. Just download and start swaping out copy, images and forms...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of the email templates are responsive, the landing page templates are not.

Catherine, you may be missing some vital part of the code that Marketo needs to enable editing. Do you have a published page with that template we could review?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Catherine--it sounds like you have left out some of the template language that allow Marketo to inject content. If you post a link to an HTML file with your template's source code I'm happy to take a look.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replies, you guys are fast!

I've submitted a ticket to Support and they're working on it now. I'll post the issue resolution when it's all ready. Thanks again!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Catherine - After having built a lot of templates, let me make some suggestions. 

1. Start with a basic Marketo template and build into their template. If you want a template that looks just like your corporate website, add your css/html into the Marketo template. Don't ever try and retrofit your code into a marketo landing page. 

2. Don't forget to add class="mktEditable" to divs you want to be able to edit the content in. 

3. Don't add a lot of javascript until you have a working template. Get it nice first, then add in the fancy.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Also make sure your landing page template is approved.  Follow Adam's guideline above because that's how I started out and it made my life easier.  Make it simple, get it to work, then make it cooler.