Creating an email with different calendar links for each sales rep

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating an email with different calendar links for each sales rep

I currently have an email that uses tokens pulling info from SFDC to change the sender's name depending on whose prospect it is. I'd also like to include the rep's calendar link in the email so prospects can click and schedule a meeting with them directly from the email. Something like a hyperlink that says "Book a meeting with me." But then I'll need to change each hyperlink for each sales rep. What's the best way to do this? I've read on other posts about velocity script tokens but can't figure out how to do that (and I'm not even sure we have that? Or maybe everyone does and I can't figure out how to do ours?). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Creating an email with different calendar links for each sales rep

This can be done using either Snippets or Velocity.

If you're not familiar with Velocity, and have < 100 reps, easier for you will be creating a Segmentation with Segments for each rep.  Then create a Dynamic Snippet linked to that Segmentation: done!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I tried creating a segmentation by lead owner, but then couldn't find a filter for lead owner. Is there another way to create the segment?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

couldn't find a filter for lead owner

All the necessary filters are available in Segment Smart Lists:

pastedImage_2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:19 PM, Sanford Whiteman <

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Maintaining segments and snippets might be a bit tedious if your reps change so if you don't have a lot of reps, you can use a program with tokens, smart campaigns and a custom field, i.e. sales rep link, to achieve this.

In a program create tokens with each sales rep's unique link. Create a smart campaign for each rep and use the trigger "owner changes". Then flow would be change date value of the custom field you created with the corresponding token. You can then add the field in all emails.

If you do have a lot of reps or as your operations scale, I'd write my own webhook to call and use the response to update the custom field to save Marketo from processing it all.

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi McCall,

We have a pretty unique setup, but we pull in a ton of "Lead Owner" fields from SF. We have a custom integration and have many fields tied to the contact owner (Owner Name, Owner Email Address, Owner Phone, Owner Website URL, Owner Social Media Links, etc.). For situations similar to yours, I have added the field to the contact owner user in Salesforce and then add it to the integration. For this example I will use the owner website URL field. Each user has this field automatically filled out based off of their account name in SF, mine would be "cgabor". I then use this token and set it up like this. www.onetrusthomeloans.com/lo/{{leads.Owner Website URL}}. End result would be www.onetrusthomeloans.com/lo/cgabor

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 9:29 AM, Cory Gabor <marketingnation@marketo.com>