Creating A Token

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating A Token

May be a dumb question, but I am trying to insert a token in an email as a salutation.  We have a "Dear" field in the Contact section of Dynamics that is populated with "Yomi First Name".  I see the field listed when I look at the synced fields in the admin section of Marketo.  However, when I try to insert it as a token into my emails, none of the "Contact" section fields from Dynamics are listed as options.  Any ideas as to how to either get that mapped properly or create the token I need?  I know that I can use the "First Name" token, however, the "Dear/Yomi First Name" field in CRM is the one we use to house the individual's more informal name.  IE:  "Ed" instead of the more formal "Edward".

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Creating A Token

so {{lead.Dear Field}} does not work?

does it appear in the Token dialog box?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It does not.  And the other issue is that the "Dear" field in Dynamics is located in the "Contact" section, rather than the "Lead" section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg

It sounds like you haven't shared across that field in the Marketo/Dynamics sync. Do you have access to the Admin section of Marketo? If so you can check whether the Yomi First Name field has been shared with Marketo by going to Microsoft Dynamics, then Field Sync Details.

Hope that helps.

Bronwen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has been shared with Marketo.  However, I'm being told that Marketo only creates tokens based on the "Lead" content from Dynamics.  The "Dear" field falls under the "Contact" content.  Apparently, a custom token must be created.  However, I've no idea how to go about that.  I've searched in the community, but the instructions there call for use of a button that does not appear in my instance.