Creating a SFDC task

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Creating a SFDC task

I just did a workflow where when an email is sent, it is creating a task as a follow up in SFDC for the sales rep. The problem is that the task is not actually assigned to a contact, lead or account in Salesforce. The "Related To" field at the task level is empty. This means that my reps can't tell the difference between tasks for different contacts that received the email. Did I set something up wrong? I just assumed that the related to would have matched the contact that received the email.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Creating a SFDC task

Isn't the task assigned to a Lead Owner and attached the lead record? Is there a reason it should not be assigned to a Lead Owner?

Related To will only bring up Opps that already exist, so it probably should be blank.

Can you post a screen shot of the task and flow?
Anonymous
Not applicable

To my knowledge, the SFDC Activity is created/maintained by Marketo setting for Salesforce Sync.
Read this article for more details.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyrUCAS

If you are going for a customized workflow, then 'Related To or WhoId' field might not be automatic. You might want to specify explecitly in your workflow.
Amber_Hobson

Here's what I set up in Marketo....
0EM50000000QJDx.jpg
And this is what I get in Salesforce... I'm not able to tell when looking at the record which lead/contact in the database the activity goes with. 
0EM50000000QJE2.jpg
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

1. Vidhya: that is for automatic tasks like Emails. Amber wants to create her own task with specific text.

2. That is odd. it should attach to the lead. I'd call Support to find out if something is not connecting properly.

Have you tried going into the Results section to see if you can match leads that went through the flow against what is showing up in SFDC? For instance, is a Task actually on their lead record still?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it!
I tried similar custom workflow now.
In Salesforce I got the Name of the Activity field which is the Contact Name. Only Related To which is either Account or Opportunity is not connected.
0EM50000000QJE7.jpg
Amber_Hobson

I figured it out... it was our own fault. 🙂 When we uploaded our list, we put the wrong column as email address. I'm so glad when this happens on short emails!