Re: Create Task only on Business Day?

sarahfelldown
Level 1

Create Task only on Business Day?

I currently have a Flow set up where, when someone fills out the form on our landing page and receives our File Download email, a task is created in Salesforce for my broker. Problem is, if someone does this on a weekend, the task gets set with a due date on the weekend. Come Monday, they're overdue and he says that he has trouble locating these overdue tasks. Finding them is obviously a Salesforce issue, but if I could just fix it by having Marketo only set tasks to be due M-F, that'd be the easiest solution. Does anyone know?

Here are my Smart List and Flow:

sarahfelldown_0-1592256975574.png

sarahfelldown_1-1592257017300.png

6 REPLIES 6
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yep, that should be possible.

You can use advanced wait steps to only advance to the next flow step in the next business day. 

More info here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Use+a+Duration+in+a+Wait+Flow+Step.

I would use "Duration", then an arbitrary time such as 1 minute, with "Mon-Fri" 9am selected. This means that it will wait one minute, then delay until the next instance of a weekday 9am. 

Downside is that now it won't be "instant" - it will now wait until 9am on that business day before pushing them through. There might be a way around that, but I can't think of it right now if there is.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well...

2020-06-15 23_42_42-Marketo _ Is it Business Hours (Flow) • Marketing Activities.png

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Wow - you can do an addition on "change data value" like that? I had seen that done with beta functionality but I haven't seen it like that! 

SanfordWhiteman

Yeah, for a long time now!

Ricardo_Cortés
Level 1

Hello Phillip,
Thank you for your contribution. However, in my case it solves only part of the problem. For example I need the tasks to be created from Monday to Friday but also to be created during working hours. Example: Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm according to the time zone of the Salasforce user. Because we have SDR's in different countries.

Any idea how I can solve it?

SanfordWhiteman

Did you check out my update above?