Create Task flow step sends email as well

James_Gunn
Level 2

Create Task flow step sends email as well

Hi all,

I'm setting up a smart campaign that fires when a lead becomes an MQL. In the flow I have:

• a "Send Alert" flow step that sends a Marketo email to the lead owner
  • a "Create Task" flow step that creates a task in Salesforce for the lead owner

When I've tested this, the lead owner received the alert email and a Salesforce task is created for them. But they also receive an additional notification email, pictured here:

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 3.08.51 pm.png

I'd prefer that they didn't receive the email pictured above as it doubles up with the alert email that they have already received. The alert email sent via the flow step is written so as to be much more informative for the lead owner than the email above.

I assume that the email pictured above is sent from Salesforce but can someone please confirm this? My Salesforce admin isn't sure.

Does anyone know of a way to stop this email being sent, by changing something on the Marketo side or the Salesforce side?

Thanks,

James

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Create Task flow step sends email as well

That's a default SFDC Task notification.  Your admin should know what's triggering it -- it's their job!

Also, it'd be easy to confirm whether an email were a Marketo or SFDC email: check the headers to see the originating server.

Paul_Su2
Level 3

Re: Create Task flow step sends email as well

In the "Create Task" menu in Marketo there is an option for "Notify" --> set that dropdown to "FALSE".