SOLVED

Create custom user Salesforce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create custom user Salesforce

Hi guys,

Trying to integrate Salesforce with Marketo. 
Please help me to figure out. Just watched the tutorial. i have already a lot of users in Salesforce.
The question is, do I have to create a single Salesforce sync user and custom profile which will do the sync for all users out there? Or this is just an example and I have just ot create a custom profile has to be assigned to each user in Salesforce (standard, admin)? What if all users are already under another custom profile created to integrate with other apps prior to Marketo?
Thanks,
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Create custom user Salesforce

This user could be not necessary a brand new user, but also an existing user in Salesforce which will be assigned to the custom Marketo Salesforce profile

Correct, but it will probably make data management and sync troubleshooting more difficult for you as you will not be able to tell if a record was updated manually by the real-life user or by the Marketo sync as the last modified/created fields in SFDC will get stamped with the user's name.

We recommend a dedicated sync user/license.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to define a single user in SFDC. That users push and pull information between Marketo and Salesforce.

Marketo or SFDC users do not need additional profiles to interact with the sync user.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey, thanks for the reply. 
I found out that this user could be not necessary a brand new user, but also an existing user in Salesforce which will be assigned to the custom Marketo Salesforce profile, as described here https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyrUCAS

Anonymous
Not applicable

This user could be not necessary a brand new user, but also an existing user in Salesforce which will be assigned to the custom Marketo Salesforce profile

Correct, but it will probably make data management and sync troubleshooting more difficult for you as you will not be able to tell if a record was updated manually by the real-life user or by the Marketo sync as the last modified/created fields in SFDC will get stamped with the user's name.

We recommend a dedicated sync user/license.
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Sergiu, while it is true that you can use an already exsisting user, it can get very confusing for you to trace back Marketo driven actions versus user drven actions if the user is the same. It might be investing into a new license if you used them all up already. If it is not possible, then, try to pick a user that is not very active in the system.