Re: Correct Structure for Nurture/Drip Campaign?

Zach_Statkus
Level 2

Correct Structure for Nurture/Drip Campaign?

I need help on building a drip/nurture campaign structure for manual list upload of users who are incrementally loaded into an application. I feel there are a ton of ways to go about this but I would love some advice on what works best in my situation.

Situation:

A list of users receives a specific email on a Tuesday. After the email is sent, we wait one week to see if the users activates on the application at which point they will go down one of two tracks: nonactivated and activated.

Nonactivated track - Users who do not have an activation date field filled will need to get a set of emails sent every Tuesday, but if they activate during this campaign they will need to be removed from this flow and switch to the Activated track

Activated track - Users who have an activation date field will get a different set of emails sent every Tuesday nurturing them into further application adoption.

What is the best way to go about this? Would it be a combination of campaigns?

My thinking is to create a program for the initial email scheduled every Tuesday, then refresh the list the following Monday to determine which flow a user will go into but I am stuck on how to ensure a user properly flows to the correct track upon a data value change for the activation date.

Any and all information is helpful!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Re: Correct Structure for Nurture/Drip Campaign?

Hey Zach,

This sounds like a classic case for a nurture program with two streams - one stream for non-activated, and another for activated. Each cadenced on Tuesdays, with either smart campaigns or transition rules to change streams and a manual list import every Monday.

There are plenty of guides online to support you in creating a nurture program, plus you can also import a best practice nurture program template into your instance from Marketo's program library to help you get started - these resources will help you...