Re: Copy all html to text > hiding!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy all html to text > hiding!

Hi lovely community!

Did you know that the "copy all html to text" is now hiding under the email settings for each email.

Has anyone else assumed this would be automatic?

I can't see this in the product docs either....

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Emily,

In fact, it has never been automatic and always been there

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salut Grégoire,

Yes, I knew it was not automatic before, but it was much more obvious.

I don't think I can be the only one who assumed this.

Do you copy as you go along or do you have it on your final checks list?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Emily,

This really depends on how lazzy I am when writing the email

We train the people and recommend that you copy as you go long AND correct the result (unnecessary line breaks, especially), but they (we ) often forget and consider they need the text version only for the sake of deliverability, so they/we more often use the "copy all" feature.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You'll also want to refer to this post back in December: New Text Editor is **** .  Note on the list of planned enhancements, Justin Cooperman​ has stated that "Reminder to update TEXT version - Add UI reminder to indicate when a change has occurred in the HTML side of an email without any changes to the TEXT version" has an ETA of JAN 2016 (it says 2015, but he meant 2016).  Justin, any update on this - now that we're in March?

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

We did release it in January but had to revert it because it was causing functional bugs in the editor. We're hopeful that our new email editor will offer a more intuitive experience and decided not to spend time updating an editor that will be outdated very soon.