Conversion from unknown to known lead by click on link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conversion from unknown to known lead by click on link

Hi everyone,

I have one question concerning lead conversion from unknown to known by clicking a link in a email.  

We have already added munchkin code to our main website so we can track its visitors.  Now, I want to send an email which includes a link to our website so the people who click on it  get redirected to the website already identified as a known lead.

Nevertheless, it seems that it's not working (I sent an email to myself and even after I've clicked on the link I still appear in the Marketo web page activity report as an Anonymous Lead).

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Conversion from unknown to known lead by click on link

Saul,

How are you sure that you are the anonymous lead listed in the web page activity report? Perhaps a better way would be to go into the Marketo lead record for your email address and check that way. Let us know what you find please and post screenshots if it's still not working.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for your response. I actually figured out what was going wrong.

The thing is that I was sending the emails as "Email Sample" from my  marketing campaign (Click on the Email- Send Sample). That seemed not to work.

Afterwards, I went to my lead list and tried to send a specific email (the same I was sending before)  to a contact (myself) and it worked! My name appeared in the web reporting page!

It was just, that you must not send it as a Email Sample but a "normal" one.

Anyhow, thank you for your time. Hope it will be useful to more people!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for your response. I actually figured out what was going wrong.

The thing is that I was sending the emails as "Email Sample" from my  marketing campaign (Click on the Email- Send Sample). That seemed not to work.

Afterwards, I went to my lead list and tried to send a specific email (the same I was sending before)  to a contact (myself) and it worked! My name appeared in the web reporting page!

It's just that you must not send it as a Email Sample but a "normal" one.

Anyhow, thank you for your time. Hope it will be useful to more people!