SOLVED

Re: Content Delivery

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Content Delivery

I am new to marketo.... As far as a "Best Practice" is concerned... For sales reps to send content on demand, is it recommended to use landing pages or emails for content delivery? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Page. The reason being that a lot of inboxes don't like bulky attachments. Nor do folks really like long emails.

Much better to refer to a landing page - which in turn can hold as much info as you like, videos, large PDF's, etc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Page. The reason being that a lot of inboxes don't like bulky attachments. Nor do folks really like long emails.

Much better to refer to a landing page - which in turn can hold as much info as you like, videos, large PDF's, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are actually sending content (video, white paper, eBook, comic, etc.), then I agree with Grant. No one likes long emails or large3 attachements. There are, of course, cases where you will want everything contained in the email itself, such as templated intro messages, meeting follow-up messages, etc. In those cases, I feel that it is often better to include a link to a presentation or a meeting recap, etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We provide our sales team a set of Sales Insight emails that have links directly to the typical assets they need to send.
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Landing page. We have a landing page type we create regularly for the sales team called 'prospect landing pages'. We have an easy template ready to go, they send us the content and a short message they want to provide to the prospect and we populate the page and have a nice easy URL for them to share. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landing Pages it is!! That was my first thought, so thanks for the confirmation:) and thanks a million for the speedy answers. This is VERY useful!