Content Delivery Network

Anonymous
Not applicable

Content Delivery Network

Like many companies we use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to boost the speed of our web site. MaxCDN in our case.

When I do a web page speed test using YSlow, one things that is highlighted is that the Marketo munchkin code and gated content form are not being served from the CDN.

Does anyone know if Marketo components can be stored on the CDN? If so any idea about how I get them into the CDN? Will it impact Marketo web page tracking or form functionality?

Appreciate your comments.

Gary

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Content Delivery Network

I haven't had this question before but it appears that you can store the javascript code to your CDN and then change the source value in your munchkin code tag.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Content Delivery Network

Hi Gary,

It's important to note that automated tools like Pagespeed Insights and YSlow are just that: automated tools. Their output is not gospel for what best practice should be; you need real humans to differentiate that.

With all that said, the hosting your Munchkin script is on is on marketo.net, which is a cookieless domain (the main selling point for using a CDN for assets.) Moreover, I tested five major Marketo sites in private browsing sessions on my 100Mbit connection to check the cascade and there's about 85ms to get munchkin.js, with about 60ms being DNS lookup.

If you want to locally host munchkin.js on your CDN as to trim 60ms off your load time, you definitely can. I'm just not sure why you would go through the effort—and these sites, which are pretty large, didn't see the need either.