Contact Form Best Practices

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact Form Best Practices

Hey Guys -

We currently just have an email address on our 'contact us' webpage, and I'm going to switch that to a Marketo form to save us from manually inputting 'contact us' leads into Salesforce / Marketo. Here's what I'm going to do -- just wanted to check to make sure I'm following any best practices.

1) Create a Text Area (Long) field in SFDC on leads / contacts (and connect them) called "Comments" or something similar. Make that field Read Only so salespeople don't put notes in there we don't want publically displayed in case an existing lead visits the form.
2) Create a Marketo form including basic information fields + this Comments field.
3) Use that form in a landing page

Any other tricks / tips out there?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Contact Form Best Practices

Hi Jeannie, you might want to associate some type of score with filling out the contact us form, if there isn't already something in place (or just make sure that it will still work after you transition). 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That sounds fine to me. +1 Dory.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, good points here. I'd also think about what else to automate after the form fill, such as:

-Alerting the right person (maybe based on sales team, geo, existing account owner, etc.)
-Triggering auto-responses
-Escalating alerts to ensure sales follows up in a timely fashion